INTERNATIONAL RESEARCHERS POSITIONS
TON DUC THANG UNIVERSITY
Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU), http://english.tdt.edu.vn/ is a young and dynamic tertiary institution, with 25,000 students and 900 staff. The University has five campuses in Ho Chi Minh City (two different campuses), Nha Trang Beach, Lam Dong Province and Ca Mau Province in the Mekong Delta region. The University currently has 14 faculties and 13 research divisions. The University is focusing on high quality research and internationalization.
Ton Duc Thang University is inviting applications for a number of full-time research positions based at the Ho Chi Minh City campus. Applicants should have a PhD degree and a good track record of peer-reviewed publications. The University is also looking for candidates with innovative research programs that can contribute to the internationalization of the University. While applicants from any research field are welcome, the University gives priority to the following research fields: Information technology, data science and system engineering, electronics and electrical engineering, biotechnology, economics, nuclear physics, mechanics, mathematics, statistics, civil engineering, environmental sciences, healthcare supporting technologies, bones and muscle, pharmacy, law, art and humanity, and social sciences.
- Conduct of high quality research as a principal investigator or a member of a research group;
- Production of peer reviewed publications based on the research undertaken at the University;
- Development and exploitation of intellectual property and conduct research with colleagues at other universities and give presentations in various research training fora;
- Working in collaboration with other colleagues to generate funded projects, and produce high quality publications.
- Project management activities related to existing projects and/or staff;
- Supervision or co-supervision of research students (if necessary);
- Development of research ideas and seeking funding from national and international funding agencies;
- Teaching some courses in the field of expertise (in English);
- Administrative functions within the research group.
- Applicants should have a doctoral qualification, and an established research with proven capacity for research leadership;
- Ability to establish new linkages with local and international research groups and manage existing collaborations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Relevant experience in the conduct of research, project management, and the production of multiple peer reviewed publications and technical contributions;
- Strong personal qualities and collegial approaches that contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive academic environment which is conducive to high levels of engagement and standards of achievement for both staff and students.
How to apply
Application should be sent (by email) to the Department for Management of Science and Technology Development of Ton Duc Thang University. In the application, please include the following documents:
- A cover letter;
- Full curriculum vitae, including research statement and publication list;
- Two reference letters;
- Certification of degrees.
Salary will be negotiable.
The University will arrange apartments for all international researchers.
Department for Management of Science and Technology Development – DEMASTED
Ton Duc Thang University
Address: Room A303, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone number: +84 8 37 755 037; Fax: +84 8 37755055
(Dr. Ut V. Le, Director of Department for Management of Science and Technology Development of Ton Duc Thang University)