On 11th December, 2016, the special 18th Eureka Awards 2016 for student scientific research was successfully organized at Ho Chi Minh City Youth Cultural Center. Especially, students from Faculty of Social and Sciences, Ton Duc Thang University were honored to place 1st in the competition.
Topic: 'Farmers' awareness of climate change and adaptation measures,' conducted by Nguyen Thi Dieu Thuy, Nguyen Le Phuc, Le Binh Nguyen. Supervisor: Duong Thi Minh Phuong, MA, Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities.
Some photos from the Awards
Lê Thị Diệu Thúy
Nguyễn Lê Phúc
Lê Bình Nguyên
EUREKA AWARDS 2014
On Saturday, December, 28th 2014, the special 16th Eureka Awards 2014 for student scientific research was successfully organized at Ho Chi Minh City Youth Cultural Center. Students from Faculty of Social and Sciences, Ton Duc Thang University were honored to receive prizes for 1 topic in the final round.
Topic: '" Family meals in the context of rapid urbanization,' conducted by Huynh Hoa Trang, Le Thi My Loan, Nguyen Thi Xuan Dai. Supervisor: Ta Xuan Hoai, MA, Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
Some photos from the Eureka Awards
* Topic for Undergraduate Research
We always encourage undergraduate students to conduct research during every academic year and over the summer vacation.
- Sociology students are required to do individual research on specific topics. In particular, they can undertake some projects covering topics ranging from equal gender, homosexuality, school violence to the effects of sociology to economic activities.
- Vietnamese Studies students can carry out their own research on tourism resources, tourism industry, and hotel management …
* In 2014- 2015, we have some achievements of "Science Researching for students" contest:
-Topic: The effect of the use of internet language to learning outcomes of young people in Ho Chi Minh City nowaday
-Topic: Effects of stress to the behavior of the students in Ho Chi Minh City nowaday
-Topic: Housing situation of immigrant workers in industrial zones in Ho Chi Minh City
-Topic: Awareness of youth workers on Vietnam maritime sovereignty in the current period
-Topic: Awareness, attitudes, behavior of reproductive health of male workers in Linh Trung I Export Processing Zone in Ho Chi Minh City today
-Topic: Factors affecting the sex ratio at birth in Ho Chi Minh city today
-Topic: The attitude of university students about the issue of adaptation to climate change in Ho Chi Minh City today
-Topic: Life of female migrant workers working as waitresses, serving food services in District 7, Ho Chi Minh City
-Topic: The influential of professional orientation to learning outcomes of students in Ton Duc Thang University nowaday
-Topic: Application mind map on learning in the Basic principles of Marxism-Leninism and Ho Chi Minh Ideology
* In 2013- 2014, we have some achievements of "Science Researching for students" contest:
- Topic: The effects of using social networks language to young people’s learning outcomes in Ho Chi Minh City
- Topic: Impact of stress on students’ behaviours in Ho Chi Minh City
- Topic: Living conditions of migrant workers in the industrial zones in HCM City
- Topic: Workers’ perception about Vietnam sovereignty over the islands in the current period.
- Topic: Perceptions, attitudes and behaviors of Linh Trung industrial Zone workers on male reproductive health in Ho Chi Minh City .
- Topic: Some factors affecting the sex ratio at birth in Ho Chi Minh City
* In 2012-2013, we have some achievements of “Science Researching for Students” contest:
- Topic: Exploiting spiritual tourism in tourism activities at Hoang Phap Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh City
- Topic: The impact of the process of industrialization and modernization of employment on rural youth (Thong Nhat district, Dong Nai province)
- Topic: The attitude of the current students about same-sex marriage issue
- Topic: The attitude of the LGBT (lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender) on same-sex marriage law
- Topic: Awareness, attitude and behavior of university students in Ho Chi Minh City on the issue of environmental protection